Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's the Bee's Knees!!!

Remember when I was going on and on about wanting bees in my garden?  Last year I didn't see a single bee.  I had a feeling that some of my failure with the berries had to do with the lack of bees. 

If the bee disappears from the earth, man would have no more than four years to live.
                                                                   - Albert Einstein

He's a genius, right?  Clearly he knew the value of bees.  Without bees, there's no pollination, and without pollination, many of our foods would cease to exist.   That's not a world I want to live in. 

So, I have to tell you, I was pretty happy when I saw these guys cruising around the other day.  They were busy as - well, bees!  Doing their thing and ignoring me and the extended lens of my camera. 


So there's hope for the berries this year, after all!  Stay tuned.
Green Thumb Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly and helpful comments are always welcome. Negative or derogatory, combative or nasty comments will be deleted.