Friday, June 6, 2014

I've been away a while... but the garden was waiting for me.

It's been a while since I've posted, and it's not that I've forgotten about my blog - - I haven't!!!  There have been a lot of things changing around here.

1. First and foremost:  SCHOOL ENDED!!!  Oh yeah, now I have all this time on my hands, right?  Nope!!!  Now I have the Pipsqueak all day every day, which is fine, but I also took on her best friend, let's call her "Tiny", and Tiny's little sister, "D-Zilla".  I have them from morning to mid-afternoon.  They are 5 and 4, and they require a lot of attention. 

2. I have two stepdaughters:  The Bird-Girl (26), and the Angel (21), and The Angel got married on the other coast a couple of weeks ago.  It was gorgeous! Isn't she stunning?  And she has a heart of gold to go with all of that beauty.  I am truly blessed to have her as one of my daughters!!!
We were gone for a week, and I gotta tell you, I was not thinking about blogging.  Traveling with the Pipsqueak and The Garden Diva was very exhausting.  It was our first vacation as a family EVER, and we had a great time, but came home exhausted.  I have a wonderful friend, a college student, who house-sat and cared for my pups and my garden.  Without her, I think both would have been a big mess when I returned. 

3. This workout thing.  Ah yes.  I'm sure many of you can relate.  I started getting up EARLY every day to make sure I could get a workout in before Tiny and D-Zilla get dropped off in the morning, and when you add that to everything else, I'm just TIRED!!!

I'm starting to get into my groove though, and I think I'm back on track. 

I need to get caught up in the garden.  The grass in between and around the garden beds is like knee high!!!  I had to search for squash this morning.  I knew they were there, I just couldn't find them!!! Tomorrow I'm going to spend the cool morning out there cleaning everything up.  It's been neglected for too long.  Once I do that, I'll get some updated photos of everything. 

How is your garden growing?  It's picking season around here!!!  It's still early, but about every 3-4 days we have fresh green beans with dinner, and just last night we had a cucumber/tomato/chive salad with our pasta. 

Here are a couple of photos I snapped this morning:

Caserta Squash from the Three Sisters Garden - - these plants are HUGE!  (Post coming soon)
 

This is my onsie twosie picking from this morning.  Those are tomatillos with the skins on them, and the green tomato I picked because SOMEONE took a bite out of the side.  I'll fry it up with the tomatillos...

This sunflower is about the size of a dinner plate.  It's just such a happy flower.  I could take pictures of it all day!!!
Well that's it for now.  We're off to the park.  It IS summer vacation, after all!!!
Green Thumb Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly and helpful comments are always welcome. Negative or derogatory, combative or nasty comments will be deleted.